How to Use
How to Use
- Clear away any debris and remove/kill weeds before sowing.
New Lawn (or Patch Repair)
- Dig over the soil to a depth of 20-25cm.
- Break down any lumps and firm soil by treading it.
- Level out using a rake, creating a flat and even surface.
- Spread Gro-Sure® Lawn Seeding Soil over the surface to a 3-4 cm depth and level out.
Revitalising an Existing Lawn
- Mow the lawn closely.
- Rake or scarify the area to open up the soil surface.
- Fill any shallow holes with Westland Lawn & Turf Dressing and level out.
- Tip: in dry conditions, water the soil thoroughly the day before sowing.
- Shake the box to mix up the lawn seed.
- Lightly rake to incorporate the lawn seed into the soil.
- Walk over or roll the sown area to press the lawn seed into the soil.
- Water the area thoroughly using a fine-rose watering can or sprinkler, taking care not to wash the seeds away.
- In dry conditions, water daily to maintain soil moisture levels until seed germinates.
When to Use
Optimal sowing is between March and October, however, there is a low temperature risk in March and October. June, July and August have a high temperature risk.