Each granule contains a blend of two ingredients that work together to condition your lawn:
1. Lawn Fertiliser – a nitrogen fertiliser that feeds the grass, encourages growth, delivers a deeper green colour and a healthier lawn.
2. Ferrous Sulphate – kills the moss causing it to blacken and die
- Promotes drainage for lawns growing on heavy soils
- Kills moss quickly
- Greens up lawns
What to Expect
Your lawn should thicken and become a lush green colour. The moss will blacken as it dies. Any blackening of grass is only temporary and will grow out as you continue mowing.
Dead moss can be removed by raking or scarify 7-14 days after treatment.
Re- treatment may be necessary for heavy moss infestation, or if moss returns.
Do not apply more than 2 times in any one season. Allow 40 days between applications.
How to Use
When to Use
Westland Lawn Sand is used to control moss in established lawns. Apply when moss is actively growing. Do not apply during drought or freezing conditions or when rain is falling or imminent. To avoid drift of granules or dust onto plants, patios or ponds do not apply in windy weather. Grass should not be cut 3 days before treatment and not cut again until at least 4 days after treatment.
Where to Use
Apply only to established turf/ lawns. Do not use on newly sown lawns or newly laid turf until established for at least twelve months.
Drift: Do not allow the product to contact the foliage of neighbouring vegetation.
WARNING: If split on paving, slabs, tiles, decking or clothes/shoes etc., brush off immediately to avoid staining or discolouration. Do not wash surfaces clean as this can cause staining. Take care not to walk on the treated lawn, as walking the granules onto a patio, decking or into the house may stain.
How to Use
Application by Hand
Mark out areas to be treated. Sprinkle evenly at a rate of 80 grams per square metre over the marked area. It is good practice to wear gloves when using this product.
Application by Lawn Spreader
Mark out areas to be treated. Apply evenly at 80 grams per square metre over the marked area with suitably calibrated granular applicator. Check your spreader settings. Avoid walking on treated areas until it has rained or product has been watered in. If no rain falls within 48 hours of treatment, water the treated grass. Keep children and pets away from treated areas until granules have been watered in.
Tips & Advice
- Wash hands and exposed skin after use
- If swallowed seek medical advice immediately and show this container or label
- Do not contaminate water with the product or its container
- Do not empty into drains
- Store in a cool, dry place. Keep in original container, tightly closed in a safe place
- Keep product away from children and pets
- For the UK only: Unused product in its container may be disposed of in the dustbin
- For the ROI only: This material and its container must be disposed of in a safe way
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can my children & pets go into the treated area?
A. Water the product in and allow lawn to dry to prevent the product from being transferred (on paws or shoes) from the lawn to other areas where it may stain.
Q. Why has my grass turned black after applying?
A. It is likely that the grass was wet when applied. The effect is temporary and will improve with subsequent mowings
Q. Can I use this product on a newly sown/turfed lawn?
A. No, only use on established lawns over one year old
Refunds & cancellations
Under the Distance Selling Regulations you are entitled to a seven day cooling off period
upon receipt of your goods. During this seven day period, you are entitled to cancel your
order and receive a full refund. In this instance you must:
• Contact us within seven days by phone on 0151 339 3195 AND
• Confirm your decision in writing either by letter, fax or email
• We will arrange for the items to be returned and refund you within 30 days
• If goods are in good working order and undamaged we reserve the right to charge you
the return delivery cost of those goods
• If however the goods are faulty, damaged or not in good working order upon delivery
we will cover the cost of return and, if necessary, replacement
• If goods are delivered to a third party you will only be able to exercise this right if you
are able to return the goods you originally ordered
• If, after ordering items from our website, you wish to cancel your order, you may do so
at any time up until the time of delivery. However if this is the case, please contact us
as soon as possible on 0151 339 3195. Once we have acknowledged your cancellation
you will receive a full refund using the same payment method you originally used
We reserve the right to cancel and not accept any orders if any of the following apply:
• We do not deliver to your area
• We do not have sufficient stock
• Any of the ordered products you order have been incorrectly priced
or described on our website
• Your payment is not authorised