Fast acting lawn seed allows you to extend the sowing season. Early germination even in colder temperatures.
Gro-Sure Smart Seed Fast Start is a blend of quick growing, hard wearing lawn seed varieties that is ideal for over-seeding worn grass or filling in bare patches.
Seeds are treated with Aqua Gel technology for improved germination. Aqua Gel can absorb 400 x its weight in water, and slowly releases it back to the seeds, when the seeds require it to germinate. Aqua Gel is also an excellent bird deterrent and contains plant hormones to stimulate growth.
*This seed is guaranteed to grow when the pack instructions are followed
In good conditions blades of grass can usually be seen in under 2 weeks, however if the conditions are unfavourable this may take considerably longer.
How to Use
When to Use
Sow when the soil temperature is between 7°C-18°C. If soil temperature is 6°C or less seed may not germinate or delay it’s growth until temperature increases.
Best Conditions: Lawn seed grows best when the soil temperature is consistently around 10°—18°C. Fast Start begins to germinate at 7° C. If conditions stray out of this range, time and rate of germination can be negatively impacted
Clear away any debris and remove weeds before sowing
Tip: In dry conditions, water the soil thoroughly the day before.
1. Shake the box to mix up the seeds.
2. Using the built-in side applicator, apply the seed at the following rate:
New Lawn (or Patch Repair): 40g/m2
Revitalising Existing Lawn: 30g/m2
3. Lightly rake to incorporate the seed into the soil surface
4. Walk over or roll the sown area to press the seed into the soil
Water the area thoroughly using a fine-rose watering can or sprinkler, taking care not to wash the seeds away.
In dry conditions, water daily to maintain soil moisture levels until seed germinates.
1. First cut at 5-8cm (2-3”) high
2. Gradually lower the cutting height to about 2.5cm (1 inch). Do not remove more than 1/3 of the grass leaf at any one time
3. Feed your lawn after at least 2 cuts.
Tips & Advice
Children and pets need not be excluded from the treated areas
Store in a cool, frost-free place away from children, pets and foodstuffs
Use contents within season of purchase
Contents may settle in transit
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Should I cover the seed?
A. The seed should be sown onto and lightly raked in to the soil surface and no deeper than 1-2cm. A germination sheet (or fleece) can be used to speed up the germination stage but should still be removed upon emergence.
Q. When can I use a Weed Feed & Moss Killer?
A. Your lawn must be older than a year before using this type of product.
Q. Why is this different to Gro-Sure Smart Seed?
A. The blend of seed and the species used are specifically selected for the characteristic of germinating at lower temperatures. This enables a quicker start and better establishment of the seed.
Refunds & cancellations
Under the Distance Selling Regulations you are entitled to a seven day cooling off period
upon receipt of your goods. During this seven day period, you are entitled to cancel your
order and receive a full refund. In this instance you must:
• Contact us within seven days by phone on 0151 339 3195 AND
• Confirm your decision in writing either by letter, fax or email
• We will arrange for the items to be returned and refund you within 30 days
• Goods must be returned in their unopened, undamaged and original packaging. We reserve the right to charge you
the return delivery cost of those goods
• If however the goods are faulty, damaged or not in good working order upon delivery
we will cover the cost of return and, if necessary, replacement
• If goods are delivered to a third party you will only be able to exercise this right if you
are able to return the goods you originally ordered
• If, after ordering items from our website, you wish to cancel your order, you may do so
at any time up until the time of delivery. However if this is the case, please contact us
as soon as possible on 0151 339 3195. Once we have acknowledged your cancellation
you will receive a full refund using the same payment method you originally used
We reserve the right to cancel and not accept any orders if any of the following apply:
• We do not deliver to your area
• We do not have sufficient stock
• Any of the ordered products you order have been incorrectly priced
or described on our website
• Your payment is not authorised