Micro-Nutrient Coated Seed Gro-Sure® Lawn Seed is coated to significantly improve germination and for quicker establishment
- Excellent bird deterrent
- Organic compounds attract and retain moisture around the seed
- Micro nutrients for strong healthy rooting and rapid establishment
- Larger, heavier seed gets right down to soil surface for improved germination
- Plant hormones to stimulate growth
What to Expect
In good conditions blades of grass can usually be seen in under 2 weeks, however if the conditions are unfavourable this may take considerably longer
How to Use
When to Use
Lawn seed may be sown from March to October. Ideally sow during March to May or September to October.
Where to Use
Existing lawns – to over-seed
Bare soil – to establish new lawns
Patches – for repairs
How to Use
Best Conditions: Lawn seed grows best when the soil temperature is consistently around 10— 18°C.If conditions stray out of this range, time and rate of germination can be negatively impacted
How to sow a new lawn
1. Prepare the soil by clearing away any debris and weeds
2. Dig over the soil, breaking down any lumps and tread the soil to firm it again. Level with a rake
3. Shake the box to mix up the seeds. Sprinkle in 2 passes at right angles to each other at rate of 30g/sq. m
4. Lightly rake into the surface
How to thicken an existing lawn
1. Remove any weeds. Mow the lawn closely. If the ground is compacted aerate using a garden fork.
2. Spread Westland Lawn and Turf Dressing to fill any shallow holes and to level-out the surface.
3. Shake the box to mix up the seeds. Sprinkle in 2 passes at right angles to each other at rate of 25g/sq. m
4. Lightly rake into the surface
Lightly firm the ground by walking over it or use a roller. This will press the seed into the soil. Water thoroughly. Use a fine-rosed watering can or sprinkler. Take care not to wash the seeds away. Water daily until established. In very hot conditions water late in the day once the sun has gone down. It is better to water thoroughly once rather than several times lightly. Mow for the first time when grass is 5-8cm high. Gradually lower the cutting height to about 2.5cm.
Tips & Advice
- 4-5 days before sowing a new lawn, lightly rake Westland Growmore into the soil
- When preparing to sow, if the soil is dry water it thoroughly the day before and leave to soak in overnight
- The top of the soil should be dry with moist soil just below the surface on the day of sowing
Frequently asked questions
Q. Should I cover the seed?
A. The seed should be sown onto and lightly raked in to the soil surface and no deeper than 1-2cm. A germination sheet (or fleece) can be used to speed up the germination stage but should still be removed upon emergence.
Q. When can I use a Weed Feed & Moss Killer?
A. Your lawn must be older than a year before using this type of product
Q. Does this contain annual ryegrass?
A. No we only use perennial ryegrass suitable for turf, as this is much slower growing and finer bladed than annual ryegrass. Ideal for lawns
Q. Why is it tough?
A. The blend of seed and the species used are specifically selected for wear tolerance. The grass needs to be able to tolerate and recover from wear and damage. Sensitive species will not be used
Refunds & cancellations
Under the Distance Selling Regulations you are entitled to a seven day cooling off period
upon receipt of your goods. During this seven day period, you are entitled to cancel your
order and receive a full refund. In this instance you must:
• Contact us within seven days by phone on 0151 339 3195 AND
• Confirm your decision in writing either by letter, fax or email
• We will arrange for the items to be returned and refund you within 30 days
• If goods are in good working order and undamaged we reserve the right to charge you
the return delivery cost of those goods
• If however the goods are faulty, damaged or not in good working order upon delivery
we will cover the cost of return and, if necessary, replacement
• If goods are delivered to a third party you will only be able to exercise this right if you
are able to return the goods you originally ordered
• If, after ordering items from our website, you wish to cancel your order, you may do so
at any time up until the time of delivery. However if this is the case, please contact us
as soon as possible on 0151 339 3195. Once we have acknowledged your cancellation
you will receive a full refund using the same payment method you originally used
We reserve the right to cancel and not accept any orders if any of the following apply:
• We do not deliver to your area
• We do not have sufficient stock
• Any of the ordered products you order have been incorrectly priced
or described on our website
• Your payment is not authorised