HANDWOVEN SYNTHETIC WICKER FOR ALL WEATHERS
Petan® is our environmentally friendly, durable and weather resistant wicker which has a natural colour and feel. Petan® has been developed to provide the highest levels of performance for use in outdoor furniture.
Petan® is made from raw polyethylene mixed with eco-friendly colour additives, making it 100% recyclable. Also, unlike other producers of synthetic wicker, LifestyleGarden® uses no harmful chemicals to make Petan®.
Our specially formulated blends give the Petan® fibre its unique look and extra strength and also produce a surface that is extremely comfortable to sit on while also being able to withstand heavy use. Petan® has excellent colour fastness and is also very flexible, meaning complex weaves can be achieved to create beautiful designs.
Petan® is made with a combination of raw polyethylene and eco-friendly colourants which is 100% recyclable and environmentally friendly.
Petan® does not contain harmful heavy metals such as cadmium, lead and chromium which can be found in the products of other manufacturers.
- Is Petan suitable for use outdoors throughout the year and in all types of weather?
- Petan®is ideal for use outdoors throughout the year and is made and tested to the highest levels of performance in a range of weather conditions.
- Will the appearance of Petan change over time?
- Petan®products will retain their colour as only the highest-grade colour pigment is used to ensure maximum colour fastness. However if Petan is subjected to extreme weather conditions for extended periods of time, the colour may fade slightly.
- Is Petran safe for the environment?
- Petan®is made with a combination of raw polyethylene and eco-friendly colourants which are 100% recyclable.
- Does Petan require special maintenance?
- Petan® requires no maintenance and can be cleaned easily using soap and water.
- Do Petan products have a warranty ?
- All Petan®products come with a 5-year limited warranty, see the Warranty Conditions TAB.
How to Care for Weather Resistant Rattan Garden Furniture
Weather resistant rattan is completely weatherproof but we recommend that the furniture is cleaned every year to maintain its appearance.
Use a soft brush and a bucket of warm, soapy water (a non-foaming or low-foam cleanser is best ) to remove dust and dirt and rinse well with a hose set on a fan setting.
Allow your set to dry before you replace the cushions.
Any glass tops can be polished with a soft cloth and glass cleaner. Always use placemats or boards to protect your glass tops from heat and scratches.
Good quality weather resistant rattan furniture will always be built onto an aluminium frame, which will not rust when exposed to the elements and so can be left out all year round, but we do recommend covering your furniture during the winter to preserve its appearance.
Use a cover made specifically for your set or stack the pieces together as snugly as possible and cover as one as this will prevent them from blowing around the garden in high winds. Make sure the furniture is clean and dry before covering and tie the cover down securely to prevent flapping. If you have a set with a dining table, place a pole through the parasol hole to create a tent shape, which will ensure the water runs off.
Store your cushions in a dry place away from direct sun. Cleaning them before storing will ensure they look great when you bring them out on that first sunny day next spring!
Refunds & cancellations
Under the Distance Selling Regulations you are entitled to a seven day cooling off period
upon receipt of your goods. During this seven day period, you are entitled to cancel your
order and receive a full refund. In this instance you must:
• Contact us within seven days by phone on 0151 339 3195 AND
• Confirm your decision in writing either by letter, fax or email
• We will arrange for the items to be returned and refund you within 30 days
• If goods are in good working order and undamaged we reserve the right to charge you
the return delivery cost of those goods
• If however the goods are faulty, damaged or not in good working order upon delivery
we will cover the cost of return and, if necessary, replacement
• If goods are delivered to a third party you will only be able to exercise this right if you
are able to return the goods you originally ordered
• If, after ordering items from our website, you wish to cancel your order, you may do so
at any time up until the time of delivery. However if this is the case, please contact us
as soon as possible on 0151 339 3195. Once we have acknowledged your cancellation
you will receive a full refund using the same payment method you originally used
We reserve the right to cancel and not accept any orders if any of the following apply:
• We do not deliver to your area
• We do not have sufficient stock
• Any of the ordered products you order have been incorrectly priced
or described on our website
• Your payment is not authorised