Crafts & Hobbies Department
Our Crafts & Hobbies Department is fully stocked with everything you need to make your own cards, gifts, kids crafts, art and much much more.
We've got a variety of paints, ProMarker pens, Illustrators by Spectrum Noir, paintbrushes, dies, embossing folders, stamps, scrapbook papers, card packs, stencils, canvas boards, craft tools, wool, patterns, threads, ribbons and sewing accessories, together with a wide range of mixed media and inks etc.
Burleydam Craft Department is lucky to have two fantastic in-house demonstrators, Dot McKenzie and Janette Collins, who will be well known if you have attended any of their very popular card making classes. Dot and Janette have shared their enthusiasm and skill and introduced many of our customers to the delight of creating their own cards.
We now have the pleasure of welcoming a new in-house card maker to the team, Jan Howard, who will be well known to many as she comes to us from Creative Pastimes, bringing with her a vast amount of knowledge and her infectious enthusiasm.
Learn all of the latest skills and techniques from our card making experts. Cost - £10 for 2 hours (to be paid in advance to secure your place on the class) - this also includes a free tea or coffee and all products - cardstock, envelopes, glue, tape etc used in the class.
You will also have the opportunity to purchase any of the new products and you will take home 2 - 3 cards.
Please bring your own Craft Tool Kit (ie anything you would use at home: scissors, tweezers, ProMarkers etc). If you are a beginner, please let us know and we will loan you scissors etc on the day.
In our classes, our cards are made using various techniques including stamping, using ProMarkers, alcohol inks, Pan Pastels, die cuts & stamp ink pads eg Memento.
- Thursday 1st June 4pm-6pm with Dot
- Wednesday 7th June 2pm-4pm with Janette
- Tuesday 13th June 2pm-4pm with Jan H
- Monday 19th June 2pm-4pm with Dot
- Sunday 25th June 1pm-3pm with Dot
- Friday 30th June 2pm-4pm with Jan H
- Wednesday 5th July 2pm-4pm with Janette
- Friday 14th July 2pm-4pm with Dot
- Tuesday 25th July 2pm-4pm with Janette
- Thursday 3rd August 4pm-6pm with Dot
- Friday 18th August 2pm-4pm with Janette
- Wednesday 23rd August 2pm-4pm with Dot
- Tuesday 5th September 2pm-4pm with Janette
- Sunday 17th September 1pm-3pm with Dot
- Wednesday 20th September 2pm-4pm with Emma ProMarkers Class
- Tuesday 26th September 2pm-4pm with Dot
Please ring 0151 339 3195 ext 572 to book your place.
Places are limited so booking will be confirmed on payment.
£10 to include all materials and tea or coffee.
Rosemary has had a passion for papercrafting for over 25 years. For 19 of those years she, along with husband Nigel, owned and ran Crab Apple Crafts in Cheshire.
She has spent a lot of time teaching a huge variety of crafts from cardmaking and scrapbooking to jewellery and book making to crafters all over the country, and now appears regularly on crafting channels on the television.
Known best for her patience, expertise and hands-on approach, Rosemary loves to discover new and innovative products and techniques, and we are delighted to welcome her to Burleydam Garden Centre.
Rosemary will be hosting Mini Book and Scrapbook Layout classes, and is excited to inspire people to try new things and learn new skills.
Dates and times are as follows:
- Saturday 10th June 10:30am-4:30pm Mini Book Class
- Thursday 22nd June 10:30am-4:30pm Mini Book Class
- Saturday 8th July 10:30am-1:00pm Scrapbook Layout Morning Class
- Saturday 8th July 2:00pm-4:30pm Scrapbook Layout Afternoon Class
- Saturday 19th August 10:30am-4:30pm Mini Book Class
- Thursday 31st August 10:30am-4:30pm Mini Book Class
- Saturday 30th September 10:30am-1:00pm Scrapbook Layout Morning Class
- Saturday 30th September 2:00pm-4:30pm Scrapbook Layout Afternoon Class
All bookings to be made through Burleydam Garden Centre Craft Department on 0151 339 3195. For any queries, please contact Tracey Spellman on this number, or call in to the store.
Mini Book Class Ticket £25
Scrapbooking Layout Class Ticket £12.50 per session