Our Environmental Policy
Here at Burleydam Garden Centre, we take our responsibility towards caring for the environment very seriously.
We realise that our activities have an impact on our surroundings and we are working towards reducing that impact and improving our natural environment as much as we possibly can.
Compliance with Legislation
We will meet or exceed the requirements of relevant legislation and appropriate codes of practice.
Products and Services
- Ensure the products we sell have as minimal an adverse effect on the environment as possible
- Stock an appropriate range of environmentally friendly products to encourage our customers to behave in an environmentally sound manner
- Promote good practice in the provision of environmental information and in the use of environmental claims
- Consider environmental issues when purchasing products and services
- Supply biodegradable plastic carrier bags and provide a 'Bag for Life'
- Source products locally wherever possible, so as to reduce the environmental impact of distribution
Energy efficiency and waste management
- Aim to operate in an energy efficient manner by, amongst other initiatives, recycling water
- Recycle by example; we compress and compact all recyclable waste packaging, such as cardboard and plastics, which is then sent to recycling outlets
- All other waste is processed by Bagnall & Morris, who further recycle it; according to figures from Q4 2014, 100% of this waste was recycled or otherwise recovered!
Communication and training
- We will communicate our environmental policies to all staff, suppliers and customers. Information on environmental issues will be incorporated into appropriate training to encourage sound practices.
- We believe that good environmental management makes sound business sense and it is therefore seen as a core business consideration. We aim to achieve a high standard of responsible care for people and the environment whilst maximising business efficiency and growth